Re: [Roadsters] 68-70 soft top frame question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 68-70 soft top frame question
From: Larry Dziuba <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:17:35 -0700
Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!  Wow am I behind in my emails.  Sorry it
took so long to respond.  I do have the centre spacer in place.  I just have
to much of  gap in the middle.  This shows me that the bow does have a bend
in it.  I have tried to get the centre guide pin in first but it is too far
away from its anchor point.  I do not think there is too much pull from the
back of the top.  The other problem is that the vendor's new rubber seal is
thick and fairly dense.  I have assumed that numerous other owners have
already used it.  I am almost wishing that I had just left the top off and
took my chances on shorter drives.  Can a guy strip the nice cloth soft top
off without damaging it (glued)?  Larry.