Re: [Roadsters] Fw: Studs too short for new Panasports

To: "hallosb@juno.com" <hallosb@juno.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fw: Studs too short for new Panasports
From: "robert k. smith" <rksmith46@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:31:00 -0500
hi mike, if your wheel nuts are tubular, and go inside the wheel, then you can
get longer tube nuts.

if they are regular tapered nuts, then as gilda radner used to say on snl,
"never mind".

                                             bob smith, 69 srl311.> From:
hallosb@juno.com> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:34:37 +0000> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fw: Studs too short
for new Panasports> > Mike,> Please, share the installed length of the stud.
I'm running 15" Panasports> with stock studs and never really thought much
about it. Seemed like I was> catching plenty of thread. The nuts are tapered
to catch additional thread.> When I measure from the hub on the front or the
drum on the rear, I get 7/8"> of stud sticking out. If this isn't enough
thread, looks like I should pick> up some new studs also.> Dan McHatton> '66
1600> -------------------------> Moser 7/16" - 20 x 1 3/4" and the same made
by Dorman, with the right knurl> diameter as compared to the new Nissan ones I
have left over.> >