[Roadsters] 1600 v 2000?

To: Paul <9laser3@bright.net>, "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net"
Subject: [Roadsters] 1600 v 2000?
From: "Gregory S. Morrison" <gsm@gregorysmorrison.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:13:41 -0700
Paul- I guess it's one of those questions: window or aisle, paper or
plastic, 1600 or 2000? My first Datsun Roadsters were all 1600s. Many years
ago I actually passed on two 67.5 2000s (a nice driver with a driving
"parts" car) in favor of one 1600! At the time I felt I couldn't afford to
deal with a potential death rattle. The 1600s seemed to be more reliable
too. And all the reviews at the time concluded that the 1600 was the best
roadster value available. Then I felt the pull of a well tuned 2000 and that
was that. Although some folks have reengineered their 1600s into mini rocket
ships with great success.

-Greg
SRL31100494