Re: [Roadsters] cam swap

To: PDFenter@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] cam swap
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 03:29:48 GMT
As has been said, the rockers should go with the cam on the same lobes as they
have worn together. Before you put the rockers in make sure the cam(s) spins
freely when you tighten the cap nuts just in case there is any variation in
how they worn in as well.  Carefully mark the sprocket to the chain (I use a
sharpie) so things go back together right... one tooth off and you bend
valves.  You will likely have to rebalance the carbs or at least check them as
there may be variations from engine to engine in how each cylinder draws air.
Use new manifold gaskets.  Put a rag down the front of the head where the
timing chain is while doing stuff just to make sure nothing drops down the
front... you never know when a lash pad will come flying off!  Then don't
forget to take it out!  Have fun!
Greg Burrows
67 2000

-- PDFenter@aol.com wrote:
Question for everyone.
My 68 2 liter is very stock but has B cam and solex's. My 67 2 liter has a  A
cam and z therapy su's. I want to put the 68 back to stock and put the  solex
carbs on the 67.

The 67 has the A cam in it. My question is this. I have read that when
putting a new cam in you want to replace the rocker arms. I am thinking about
swapping cams between the 2 cars. If I did this I would keep each set of
rockers
with its respective cam, and specifically its cam lobe. Sounds like it would
work to me but would I like another opinion.

Is this practical? Or is it a dumb idea?

There is the question all replies welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

Phil