Re: [Roadsters] Anal Roadster Clock Question

To: granvillecomputing@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Anal Roadster Clock Question
From: JRDMF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:43:52 EDT
At the risk of waking up Tim Miner again, I believe I can help you with  this
one too.

Adjusting a clock using the "tweak and wait" method can work but is tedious
at best.  We use an electronic counter / calibrator that can  virtually cut
the error of most clocks down to about 10 seconds a  week. It uses an earphone
that counts the pulses from the escape wheel so you  can actually see the
changes you are making while adjusting the hairspring. This  cuts the
calibration
time down to minutes and also lets you know right a way  if there are other
problems that may be causing an intermittent  swing. (And for those who are
interested in way too much information...  Roadster escape wheels run at 18000
pulses an hour.)

Jon Frampton
Huntington Beach Ca

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)