Re: [Roadsters] castle nut on the end of the spindle

To: steven boortz <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] castle nut on the end of the spindle
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 17:17:14 -0500
Steve,

The way I do it is to tighten the nut with a wrench while spinning the
hub. Tighten the nut until it is snug, then back it off until it is
loose. Next, tighten it finger tight, and check to see if either of the
holes in the spindle line up with a space in the nut. If one does, put
the cotter pin in. If not, loosen the nut until you are able to get the
cotter pin in.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake steven boortz:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001