Re: [Roadsters] 2 pcs Empi ?s

To: "'Paul'" <9laser3@bright.net>, "'datsun-roadsters'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 2 pcs Empi ?s
From: "Joe Kinstle" <joek@camberconstruction.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 15:04:15 -0700
No big machine needed.  It's been awhile, but this is what I remember.  Let
all the air out, unbolt the 2 halves, and push the sidewall in.  The tire is
a bit of a friction fit to the wheel halves, and I may have taken a 2x4 and
3 lb hammer to push the tire lip off the rim half, but I don't remember it
being that hard to do.

Make sure you clean the groove well, and fill any voids (I used JB Weld) so
that gasket has a smooth surface to rest on.  Mine still leak a little, I
have to add air 3-4 times a year.  Next time I take them apart, I'll paint
the inside.

Also, if you go with inside weights, make sure they don't put them on top of
the ribs, or they'll rub on the brake parts.

Joe Kinstle
'68 2L
BLK SRL