Re: [Roadsters] Fw: OK Ebay trash and painting thoughts

To: "Stephen Wan" <steve@olsonarchitect.com>, "Autox \(E-mail\)"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fw: OK Ebay trash and painting thoughts
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <bstjacques@atrua.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:37:03 -0700
You can get Maaco do just about whatever you are willing to pay for. The
better you want the car, the more expensive it is going to be. Assuming
you do not have major body work to take care of, they have everything
pretty much wrapped up in to packages - like what paint you want, trim
removal, different levels of prep and masking, color sanding & buffing.
I had a BMW painted there and we basically went for the whole enchilada,
the best of everything they had to offer. The car also required a couple
of ding repairs, and the paint on the hood, roof and trunk had to be
stripped to the metal. Ended up with a very nice, smooth  black paint
job (not concourse or anything) for around $4K. A quote from a "real"
body shop was in the $6-7K range. I think I would have ended up with
about the same quality of appearance, time will tell how well it will
hold up.

Brian