Re: [Roadsters] 1965 SPL 310

To: Tsjecon@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1965 SPL 310
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:11:41 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/2008 5:50:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Tsjecon@aol.com writes:

Hello.  I'm new to Datsun Roadsters and also this board. I've always been a
Triumph guy but I had an opportunity to acquire a 1500 that had been in a
garage
buried in boxes etc. for 33yrs. The brakes. engine and maybe more  are stuck
but the car was actually(no really)owned by an old lady and has  23000 miles.
The chrome has evaporated and there's some rust at the bottom  of the
quarters.
The interior is pretty good. Still has the plastic on the  kick panels etc. I
have alot of questions but to begin with. a recent post  mentioned a 1500 on
ebay
that claims to be a 65 yet there is no mention of  third seat(which mine has)
and the trunk is different. I have a title and  original bill of sale stating
65 so I guess my question is  whether  the ebay car is later or has a new
trunk
or is my car earlier.    Thanks Terry

Welcome to the crowd. If you haven't found it, check out 311s.org . My
understanding is that a couple of items changed over the life of the 1500
production. The earlier had external trunk hinges, three seats, and a single
carb.
The engine should have a big 1500 cast into the side of the block. Often  the
title indicates the year first sold rather than the manufacture year. Often
cars were titled a year or two late. If your cowl plate does not have the
manufacture year on it there are serial number lists that can identify the
year.

After sitting that long you can count on replacing lots of bits in the
hydraulic clutch and brake system. Prime the engine oil before trying to start.

Where are you located? There are roadster gatherings that are a seriously
good time.

keith

listings at AOL Autos.