Re: [Roadsters] Midwest Roadsters

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Midwest Roadsters
From: Steve Jacobson <jake7140@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:21:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dave,
I guess I'm one of those 25!  Mine was driven around Racine last year
quite a bit while trying to get it tuned, kids to soccer, grocery
runs, back and forth to Milwaukee a couple times, then to Road
America, then at RA on track. The comp suspension does get tough on
the back after a while!

This year we're building a real race engine, so I don't know that it
will see much street action anymore except at Elkhart Lake (110
octane $$$) which I am sad about.  Guess I'll just have to find
another one!  Maybe I'll get down your way to Blackhawk and/or
AutoBahn though, we'll have to see what this busy summer allows.

> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:41:57 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Dave Cooke <cookefam314@yahoo.com>
> Subject: [Roadsters] from Chicago to Solvang
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>
> Gary & Cindy,
>        I was reading your Roadster post about your Solvang trip and
> you noted that you're from Chicago. It's good to hear there's
> another Midwest Roadster owner. What part of Chicago are you from?
> I'm out in the far northwest suburbs in Lake in The Hills and own a
> 69 1600. I've been tracking midwest roadster owners for a few years
> now and it's always encouraging to hear we have another roadster in
> our area, I've only spotted 2 out here in the last 18 years!
> Although by my count, there are over 25 roadster owners here in the
> midwest states.
>        Anyways, just wanted to say Hello, and hope to see your ride
> some day. I too took a trip out to Solvang to get my roadster fix
> last year, and had a great time seeing so many roadsters in one
> place...,maybe someday soon we could get a midwest gathering of our
> own.
>
>   Dave Cooke
>   1969 1600
>   Lake In The HIlls, IL

Steve,
Depending on the state of the car, I would love to at least go
partway west with you.  Can't do the whole deal, but some is better
than none!  I'm planning to have the new engine in sometime in
June/July, so I'll either have something that needs "breaking in"...
or a rdoorstop.

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 15:39:30 -0500
> From: "steb" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
> Subject: [Roadsters] Spring fever river run
> To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
>
> Group,
>
> I'm planning a Saturday/Sunday Mississippi River run sometime in
> June
> starting in Milwaukee and ending along the WI, IL, IA, MN border
> area.
> If anyone would like to join us let me know. Given current gas
> prices
> driving the roadster somewhere this summer is the cheapest way to
> go.
>
> Steve
> Milwaukee

Steve

Steve's Racing web site
  www.NoNameRacing.com
Elkhart Lake Racing & Sipping Society home
  www.elrss.com