Re: [Roadsters] Late car Rear view mirror dims

To: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <fergus.ofarrell@ngc.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Late car Rear view mirror dims
From: Peter Jones <dato1500@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:25:55 +0800
I am just going flick the centre mirrow as it is not needed if you have two
side mirrors. Plus I am 6'3'' and all I get is shoulders in the centre mirror
anyway.

Peter j
> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:25:19 -0500> From: Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: [Roadsters] Late car Rear view
mirror dims> > During the recent Iron Bottom, I realized that when I sit up
straight> (to try and save my lower back), a the rear view mirror is right in
my> line of site, and I am continually looking under and sometimes over the>
mirror and/or windshield to make sure objects (cars/ motorcycles, cows,> etc)
are not in the blind spot created.> > My plan is to drill a horizontal hole in
the center top latch, and> install an alternate rear view mirror that comes
straight out, thereby> placing the rear view mirror in the plane of the
windshield frame.> > I thought of buying a recent one FS on e-bay, but there
are so many hot> rod aftermarket alternatives out there it doesn't seem to
make sense,> and I'd have to try and tap/thread the potmetal casting anyway,
which> doesn't sound too durable.> > I thought of going "dash-top", like the
early cars and MG's (blasphemy),> but I am sitting so tall it'd be filled with
views of shoulder most of> the time.> > Anyone have the height/width
measurements on the rear view mirror> off-hand?> > Thanks, trying to shop
remotely....... (shhhhh)> > Fergus O> 69 2000> HB, CA>
It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2E
com%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%
5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT