[Roadsters] Body Removal

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Body Removal
From: "Brian St. Jacques" <bstjacques@atrua.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:56:02 -0700
I finished making my body cart, then I managed to get the roadster body
off the frame and loaded on to the cart - all by myself, using an engine
hoist and ratchet tie downs. After hearing this was possible, I started
playing around - originally with the intention of just lifting enough to
make sure everything was free for when the "real" removal happened. I
got a little brave and soon passed the point of no return. I can now
verify that yes, this is possible - and NO, I do not recommend it. There
are definitely better ways to get the job done and I hope to never let
myself go that route again :)

So I now have the body on the cart. Moving it around is a dream, and I
am pretty damn proud of my first welding project - even though the welds
may make someone who actually knows what they are doing cringe ;) The
plans are now to start cleaning up the frame and getting prepped to do
the mods to stuff the SR20 in. To hell with stock cars!!! Actually, I do
have respect for the stockers, but they just aren't my thing. I have
passed up buying nice stock stock cars before because I tend to modify
everything I own and I figured they were better left to a purist.

I have started building a website documenting some of the work I am
doing. Once I get it all caught up I'll post a link.

Brian
'68 1600