[Roadsters] Stock vs. Modified

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Stock vs. Modified
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:14:43 -0400
  When I first got my 1600, I went out of the way to keep it as stock as
possible.  The pollution stuff was all gone, and of course it had radial
tires, but the rest was stock.  Then, a few years back, I borrowed a race
roadster and took a weekend long SCCA drivers school.  Two twenty minute
track sessions Friday evening made it clear that the car was going to get a
work out.  After 6 more 20 minute sessions Saturday and I wasn't so sure I'd
make it through the weekend!  One more session Sunday morning was all the
R16 engine could take.
  So, my stock 1600 R16 was yanked out and donated to the race team.
Slightly modified, it has served well as a backup motor and has done lots of
hot laps at Nelson Ledges in the last few years.  And having crewed for the
race team for almost 10 years, I knew it would be hard to find another R16
for my roadster.  So, it now has a KA24E and 5 speed stuffed under the hood.
So much for stock!  But the KA swap is a clean one so it could go back to
stock fairly easy.

  As far as I'm concerned, as long as you don't cut up a beautiful roadster,
modify yours as much or as little as you want.  Just so long as you Enjoy
the Ride.  I do!

Paul
Ohio
Sloan Racing