Re: [Roadsters] Great road trips, OH to VA

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Great road trips, OH to VA
From: "D Riedel" <stamuki@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:54:32 -0700
Good stuff, Paul.  Since I started the thread, I'll add a trip...

Vancouver to 100 Mile House, BC:
>From Mission, take Lougheed Hwy 7 along the north side of the Fraser
River to Hope.  Proceed north through the Fraser Canyon to Cache
Creek.  Then continue north on Hwy 97 to 100 Mile House.  In a single
day's drive (~450km), you pass from farmland valley into a steep
mountainous canyon, into semi-arid desert, and finally on to
ranch-land plateau.  The change in scenery and vegetation is
remarkable, plus you get the twists and turns of the canyon road.

I put the route through to 100 Mile because it gives you an
interesting option on return:  the Hwy 24 cutoff over the mountain
between Lone Butte and Little Fort which gets you to Yellowhead Hwy 5.
 From there, it's a scenic drive along the North Thompson south into
Kamloops where you have a few choices on how to get back to Vancouver.

--
Dave Riedel
'69 2000