[Roadsters] Rollbar and Ragtop: Can I have it all?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Rollbar and Ragtop: Can I have it all?
From: "Nathaniel Leeds" <nmleeds@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 08:21:01 -0700
Can someone tell me which rollbars fit underneath which ragtops?

Here's the problem I have: I am in California, with my garage stuffed with
spare Datsun stuff, including what looks to me to be a thick, aftermarket,
rollbar; my sweet-baby '69 2000 is in my family garage in Colorado. I'm
about to drive the family sedan to Colorado, return it to my step-father,
and drive the Datsun back to California.

Obviously, I'd like to have a roof for the hot desert traverse and a rollbar
for the twisty mountain roads. Can I have it all? I don't know whether this
rollbar fits beneath the convertible top -- anyone have any experience one
way or another. I don't want to take the rollbar all the way from California
to Colorado and then be forced to leave it there.

Since I don't really know the origin of this rollbar I'd be interested in
hearing about whether some aftermarket bars are just too large.

Nathaniel