[Roadsters] my own response to notmgb

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] my own response to notmgb
From: "chalsted" <chalsted@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 05:20:03 -0400
sure,since you are the same person that skewered me when I had a stroke a
couple years ago... the good home is mine for the roadster, I have had #6
2000 for over 20 years and have looked for a good body.
the ones I have picked up in the meantime were not as good as I'd hoped, as
they sounded in ads... folks are not always aware of the realities of what
kind of shape their roadsters they are offering for sale are actually in..
heck, I went all the way out to California to pick up one I bought that was
"rust free"  what a piece of crap... times dictated
that it was less of a job to turn them into drivers than to do a body swap
and go to all the trouble with the body on #6 which needs a rear clip  the
door on the Redding car is easy to fix or replace, nice interior for the
most part except for the console...I have the remains of a 67.5 Solex 2000
also with no body or chassis, just original engine, Solexes, comp pan, new
top, top frame, a NOS fender... I went all the way to Newfoundland to get
that one. bet I passed pretty colse to your place, too..... I build cars
primarily for my own pleasure, unfortunately getting the mortgage paid and
bills and now college for my daughter and major medical bills requires I
sell my own personal drivers from time to time. I have invested my own
personal time and efforts to adding parts to them, engines or other, wheels,
tires, doing brakes, other stuff... and I have made a couple nice ones. one
went to Oregon, was the nicest one I ever had. needed to pay bills, that
person made me an offer I couldn't refuse after driving the car. paid a
couple months mortgage, picked up another one and started again..actually,
had to do a second swap on the drivetrain of the one I'd brought back from
Colorado 2 years previous. got it registered, insured, someone was looking
and made me the offer I couldn't refuse on that one.  next question:

Is it ethical to buy a 67 2000 on the list for $4K with rare parts an
offer it up on the same list 3 weeks later for $4K without the parts?

absolutely. it's mine to sell and none of your friggin business. I actually
sold it for the same $4k to someone who has another 67.5 I used to own. he
would have had to pay $8k for what he got if bought piece by piece. he gave
me some carburetors for my efforts.  so as far as ethics and integrity, I'm
fine as for you, notmgb, why don't you go suck an egg
that's the family version of what I had to tell you back when you were
screwing with the auction on the RL411 out in Oregon after my stroke. it
sits in my driveway, I've been collecting parts for it for 2 years, and the
wheelcovers are still on it. kiss off and mind your own business- go crawl
back under your rock again.
Craig