[Roadsters] Brakes

To: "Datsun List." <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Brakes
From: Herb Petty <haabu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 16:31:43 -0700 (PDT)
Ref   Screwed up rear brakes.

  I'm afraid , with out looking, That I don't understand the weld job?
However, if new rear shoes were installed & adjusted properly, this creats an
automatic adjustment for the  E-brake.
  I believe properly adjusted rear brakes will allow the E-brake handle to rise
 3-4 clicks on the E-brake ratchet.  I would think a decent brake shop could
see this.  After installing new shoes,  The Nissan manual says to tighten each
side ( brake shoes ) until snug.   Then back off  3 clicks on the adjuster.
This also gives the correct setting for the E-brake.
  Hope this helps.     My  1966, will hold on any hill if the tyres have
traction !

  Herb Petty
  Modesto, Ca.