Re: [Roadsters] Brakes

To: "Herb Petty" <haabu@sbcglobal.net>, "Datsun List."
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Brakes
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 20:04:58 -0700
Herb,

Are you sure they mounted the braks to the backing plate correctly???  Here
is a picture of what you should see.  I thought I had a better one, but
apparently not on the web.

http://www.datsun2000.com/tech/brake_adjuster/loaded_backing_plate-500.jpg

Welding the e-brake????  I would suggest you take a serious look at what
they are trying to do yourself.  The e-brake is a breeze if the cables have
not broken.

And did they clean up the adjusters??  Maybe they can't adjust the brakes
because the adjusters won't move.  There is a pictorial on the tech page of
datsun2000.com showing how to take them apart and clean them up.  Not a big
job, but it sure makes a difference when you try to adjust the brakes.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com