Re: [Roadsters] Can you help diagnose a brake problem?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Can you help diagnose a brake problem?
From: DickSchnei@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 10:21:34 EDT
I just bought a 1969 2000 a few weeks ago and I have been lurking here  since
then.  I do not have any help for you on this, but have a very  similar
problem.  :-(  My roadster has no parking brake function at  all.  It turns out
that the previous owner had replaced the rear brakes  with 240Z brakes, and now
the parts that the parking brake cable connects to are  gone.  I have found
places that sell rear brake drums, etc. but have had no  luck in finding the
parts I need.  There must be some type of lever that  attaches the cables to
the
rear cylinder parts.

Do any of you know of a source for Datsun rear brake parts other than the
typical brake kits?  I suspect I need something for a 240Z Datsun.

I bought a new 1970 2000 roadster in Okinawa while in the US Air Force  and
brought it back with me.  I drove that car for 15 years before it got  totaled
when parked in front of my house by a hit and run driver.  I have  regretted
not fixing that car for 23 years and now am like a kid again with this  "new"
car.  I used the parking brake, back then, a lot and it is a problem  for me
now that this car has no parking brake.

Hopefully, someone will have the answer for both of us.

Thanks,

Dick Schneiders

In a message dated 8/8/2008 6:13:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,