Re: [Roadsters] Can you help diagnose a brake problem?

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Can you help diagnose a brake problem?
From: Jim Anable <jim@seattle-attorney.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 17:49:35 -0700
Thanks to all for their messages and suggestions.  I've been neglecting
E-mail for a while, but here's how it resolved...

I picked the car up, and the mechanic said that he and the owner "found"
the adjustment on the rear brakes.  It just needed adjustment!

There's a rod in the back that attaches to the parking brake lever.
They said that I had snapped the rod.  That's the only thing that they
welded.
So, I'm guessing that the shoes were WAY loose.  I came to a slight
incline, applied the parking brake, which didn't have enough throw to
lock the shoes...  but did have enough throw to somehow knock them off
center, resulting in the rhythmic scraping/grinding (that immediately
would follow application of the parking brake).

I have the service manual and debated whether I should bring in a copy
of the parking brake section and showing the adjuster.  But I figured
that their in the brake business, so....

It's been resolved.  Now that the rain has returned!

--
PO`!1a