Re: [Roadsters] overspray on rubber parts

To: "'stan'" <stathy@shaw.ca>, "'Datsun Roadster List'"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] overspray on rubber parts
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:13:27 +0930
"I'm wondering if anyone out there has tips on what products to use to clean
off overspray on rubber parts.
My trunk gasket has 10 year old overspray on it and I can't seem to get it
off.  It's not a heavy paint, but a mist.
Unfortunately it's red and not black :-("

Hi Stan,
Try rubbing the rubber with a rag damp with Automotive Paint Thinners.
Keep it clear of the paintwork on the body.
Might take a bit of rubbing to remove it completely.
I think it is preferable to use a bit of elbow grease instead of an
aggressive chemical which may attack the good paint.