[Roadsters] BBQ / Wine Tasting Pictures

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: [Roadsters] BBQ / Wine Tasting Pictures
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 13:28:52 -0700
More pictures of the BBQ / Wine Tasting / Fun Run hosted by Bill and Karen
Neal.

http://www.nowroc.org/events/shed_08.htm

This was a great day to enjoy roadsters.  One exciting moment came when a
dog sauntered (and never flinched) into the road as roasters whizzed by in
front and behind at about 50 or so.  I will long remember looking into my
rear view mirror to see Michael Spreadbury with a big grin on his face and
his hand high in the air after I missed the dog and he didn't have to worry
about dodging whatever.

Mr. Hyde decided to give me a couple of problems from bad threads on the
alternator case, to tossing a smog plug from the head.  The first was cured
with a longer bolt and nut, the second sounded something akin to a jack
hammer at work under the hood, and was corrected out of Bill Cole's spare
parts bin.  This same plug had come out a couple of years ago and I
recognized the sound immediately.  With only a couple of miles before the
run ended I drove it on in.  When I replaced the bolt with a correctly
threaded part it was obvious that a PO had used very course thread bolts on
threads that were much finer.  Thanks to Bill all four holes are properly
plugged now and the whistle is gone.  It is amazing how much quieter the U20
is without the whistle.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland
http://www.datsun2000.com
http://www.nowroc.org

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...

but, a TRUE FRIEND will  be sitting next to you saying, "Damn ... that was
fun!"