[Roadsters] R16 Maximum Valve Lift?

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] R16 Maximum Valve Lift?
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:35:57 -0700
Anyone know what the maximum valve lift is on the R16 before you have to start
changing components?

Recent head work has shown the exhaust retainers are hitting the valve seals
and have destroyed them  . Guess that has to be part of why my car wasn't
running so well.......

Cam has only .265" lift (.385" valve lift), and for some reason I expected to
be able to go well past .400" valve lift before I had problems..... Am I
wrong?

I'm thinking the custom valves are too short??  or...??

Thanks
Daryl

icon_eek.gif]

icon_evil.gif]