Re: [Roadsters] Another Datsun

To: Chris & Christy Breyer <fairlady66@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Another Datsun
From: JOEL WILMSMEYER <jdwilly@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 07:55:14 -0700 (PDT)
Take a look at the frame and suspension, compare it to the Roadster, and tell
me which one is the truck from looking up. About the only thing to give it away
would be the transmission tunnel, You're right, it isn't a Roadster, but they
have a lot in common; parts as well as design.

  Joel

Chris & Christy Breyer <fairlady66@gmail.com> wrote:
  Now that the Roadster is getting painted my wife figured I needed another
project car. However she wanted a truck (no argument, we need one). However
we decided we wanted to get a vintage truck and since I like Datsuns, I got
HER a 1970 L521. Nice little truck, it needs some interior work and little
body work. Left Fender needs some attention. I will be needing to find a
grill, if any one has knowledge of where I can find parts for this I would
appreciate some sharing of that knowledge.

The only thing about this truck I have to find a way of correcting is this:
I am 6'1" and I fit ok in my '66 Roadster, but this pick up... GEEZ! That
wheel is too close to my chest for comfort. It is fun to drive though, but
it aint a Roadster :o)

Chris

--
'66 1600