[Roadsters] Coil/Ballist resistor

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Coil/Ballist resistor
From: Steven Burton <pscowboy9@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:57:52 -0800 (PST)
I posted about a week ago regarding my 66 1600 not getting a spark.  I think I
traced that to the wire that goes from the coil to the side of the
distributor.  I still can't get my car to stay running, but noticed something
when it started getting dark tonight that concerned me.  I had recently
replaced the coil/ballist resistor trying to fix the no spark problem.  is the
resistor suppose to glow orange while trying to start the car?  the original
one was completely sealed so I have no idea if its working right or if its
putting my car at risk of a electrical fire.

thanks for your help

Steve