Re: [Roadsters] Interior Pics Please

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Interior Pics Please
From: Gary McCormick <gkmcc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 06:29:57 -0700 (PDT)
That's the problem with a lap belt-only system - in a frontal collision your
upper body pivots forward, rotating at the line where the lap belt crosses the
body. If you are the driver, this results in a physical confrontation between
the steering wheel and your chest. If the collision is violent enough,
front-end crushing will move the steering wheel toward you, increasing the
problem...

My dad was a CHP officer when I was a kid - I saw lots of pics of accident
scenes in CHP magazine (thank goodness they weren't in color!)

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA