Re: [Roadsters] Thread Size?

To: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>, Roadster List
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Thread Size?
From: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:24:45 -0700 (PDT)
Ronnie,

Is it a low-winshield car?  If so, they're 5/16-24.  Your local
hardware store is unlikely to have acorn nuts in that thread.  You will find
them at fastener shops on-line, but Menards has chrome 5/16-24 lock nuts with
nylon inserts which look good until you can find the acorn nuts.  (It so
happens I was just there looking for 5/16-24 hex head bolts for a friend's
horns, and noticed the lock nuts.  They didn't have the bolts, though, si it
took a stop at Sears Hardware.)

Gary