Re: [Roadsters] shipping a truck from texas to georgia

To: Eric Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>, "datsun-roadsters:
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] shipping a truck from texas to georgia
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 6:45:04 -0700
I used Intercity Lines to ship my Dad's Roadster from CA to WI. It was pricey
but worth it--covered transport the whole way. My dad was impressed with the
professionalism of the husband and wife team that picked up the car on his end.
And the driver who dropped the car on my end was equally professional.

I have heard that some of the cheaper vehicle shippers might be unscrupulous
and that some drivers try to get more money out of the people involved to
unload the car at its destination. I have not experienced this but have heard
it from more than one person.

At 650ish miles, it might be cheaper to rent an appropriate trailer and haul it
yourself.

Tim
Belleville, WI.
'70 SPL AND SRL
Still clueless but always learning

---- Eric Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi guys, I need to ship a truck from Mineola, Texas to Alpharetta, GA.  The
truck is a $2000 item and my timeline is flexible.  Any suggestions?

Eric Hoffman
Alpharetta, GA