Re: [Roadsters] shipping a truck from texas to georgia

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] shipping a truck from texas to georgia
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:32:52 -0500
Check with a local car dealer, especially if you are friends with
someone at the dealership.

Last year the son of a friend of mine in Gainesville was being
deployed from Ft. Hood to Iraq. He didn't find out until the last
minute that the Army wouldn't pay to ship his Jeep back Daytona Beach.
Another friend of mine and his Dad own a dealership in Killeen so I
called him. He said they ship cars all the time and gave me the name
and number of his guy who handled that sort of thing. I gave my
Florida buddy the guy's name and number then kept the Jeep until they
were ready to ship it.

I have no idea what it cost, but I know my friend in Gainesville was
happy with the whole deal. I'll be talking with him later and will ask
what it cost him.

Ron

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Tim <tputland@charter.net> wrote:
> I used Intercity Lines to ship my Dad's Roadster from CA to WI. It was
pricey but worth it--covered transport the whole way. My dad was impressed
with the professionalism of the husband and wife team that picked up the car
on his end. And the driver who dropped the car on my end was equally
professional.

> I have heard that some of the cheaper vehicle shippers might be unscrupulous
and that some drivers try to get more money out of the people involved to
unload the car at its destination. I have not experienced this but have heard
it from more than one person.

> At 650ish miles, it might be cheaper to rent an appropriate trailer and haul
it yourself.

> Tim
> Belleville, WI.
> '70 SPL AND SRL
> Still clueless but always learning
>
> ---- Eric Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi guys, I need to ship a truck from Mineola, Texas to Alpharetta, GA.
B The

--
Ron

--