Re: [Roadsters] 6700 RPM's 5th Gear and ooh noo

To: roadster2@schroeder-family.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 6700 RPM's 5th Gear and ooh noo
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 08:31:28 EDT
The only way to build enough oil pressure to damage something is for the
oil pressure regulator built into the oil pump to fail. Normally this is a
problem when the engine is first started. Does your gauge read unusually high
at  high engine speed?

The most likely failure is the oil line going to the distributor. My second
 choice would be the gauge line or sender (I don't remember what it has for
 sure). The third would be the oil filter being loose or over tightened.

Please let us know what you find.

keith

In a message dated 4/10/2009 11:18:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,