Re: [Roadsters] Wiring

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Wiring
From: vulforge@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:40:04 -0400
The short answer is to throw away the old alternator and voltage regulator and
install a GM "one-wire" alternator.? The hardest part of that swap is finding a
GM alternator without having to have a core to trade.? I do the conversion
quick and dirty.? Simply cut down the mounting lug on the alternator with a
bandsaw til it lines up the pulleys.? Then a small bend on the stock adjuster
bracket and bolt it down.? Nothing changed on the car, so you could always go
back to stock if desired.? I have run this conversion on both my 510's and the
roadster for many years.

Russell Criswell
Vulcan's Forge
3936 Broadway