Re: [Roadsters] Roadster Fluid Specs

To: "Eddie" <eddietude@socal.rr.com>, "Datsun Roadster List"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Roadster Fluid Specs
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 22:03:56 -0500
Eddie,

With my 1600/U20, I run:

1.  Engine:  Castrol 20W50 in the summer, and, when I drove the car during
cold weather, 10W50.  Cranks and starts fine with a factory starter;
maintains good oil pressure when hot.  With 10W50 in the crankcase, the car
would start reliably at 10-15 below (F).  (I left it outside one night to
make sure, because I didn't want to get stranded at work.  Back then,
1977-1979, it was my go-to-work car.)
2.  Trans/Differential:  80W90 gear oil.  (Also in steering box.)

You'll get lot's of opinions on this one, probably none more right or wrong
than another.

Gary