[Roadsters] weighing my car

To: roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] weighing my car
From: steven boortz <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:46:20 -0700 (PDT)
hi everyone
thanks to all who offered advice on where to weigh my car.  my friend reminded
me that there is a land-fill (dump) very close to here, with scales.  i went
there yesterday, and the guys were nice enough to let me drive my car up on it.
with me in the car, and maybe another 50 lbs of "stuff," we weighed in at 2100
lbs.  so without me, and the stuff, figure 1850.  because the rules say i must
be at least 2030, with driver and safety equipment, i can still lost some
weight before incurring any penalty.  because the car is pretty stripped, that
will be tough.  i guess some fiberglass is in our future.
i'll be at buttonwillow this next weekend.  same weekend as Solvang.  so i will
miss that.  again.
steve
675MIZU