[Roadsters] It won't start....

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] It won't start....
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 18:51:14 -0700
Ok, so it's wired up, the starter turns, fuel is at the carbs, I have
spark at the distributor, but the car won't start.

I've got a couple of questions that the darn manual isn't clear about.

My car is a 1966, the motor is an H20 1600.

1) Is TDC the large mark on the pulley?  (When viewed from the front,
with the pulley set with the marks on top, the other marks would be to
the right of the largest mark.)

2) Is the "pointer" the line that's part of the timing chain cover?

3) When the car is set at TDC, should the rotor be pointed at the #1
cylinder?

4) At that position, should the points be open?

Thanks guys.  This is driving me NUTS.  I'm literally steps away from
getting the car to go to Solvang, but at this pace it may not happen...

Eddie