[Roadsters] FW: How long have you been on the mailing list ?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
From: "Tom Phelan" <tomph@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:03:59 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Phelan [mailto:tomph@mchsi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:47 PM
To: 'datsundoc@aol.com'

I can believe the '92 timeframe. The list was already active when I joined
around '94 and I was on there for 2 years prior to my retirement in '96.
Great resource that got me going on the resurrection of my 68. Objective:
get it running well enough to go cross country to Vista, Ca. In '97 I made
that 1st cross country trip to Les's shop in Vista to do my frame off.
Stopped by and met Tom Walter in Texas on the way followed by an emergency
stop in Phoenix to see Ron Hamilton. All thanks to the "old timers" and the
Internet! What memories.

http://home.mchsi.com/~tomph/trip/jpeg/tom.jpg

Tom (Iron Butt) Phelan
Back to lurking

<snip>
I know at least as early as 1992, maybe somewhat earlier? I remember Gordon
and Tom from the early days, I think Stan was around too. It was early
enough that having internet access at home was not that common and most of
us had an .edu or business IP.

Mike Unger