Re: [Roadsters] How long have you been on the mailing list ?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
From: stl@adnc.com
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:46:39 -0700
Les Canaday and Mike Poorboy introduced me to the list at about the
same time back in late '99 or so.  I made my first post in early 2000.

My '69 2000 Roadster was purchased originally from Ken Keegan's
dealership in Los Gatos, CA.  I am the third owner and purchased it in
1971.  I drove it  until '78 when the engine gave up just as I arrived
in LA on my move from Northern California.  I had the engine rebuilt
in LA and drove the Roadster until 1980/81 or so in San Diego.  The
Roadster was stored until 1999, when I began to actively start the
restoration.

This year was my first Roadster Show in Solvang and it was great.  I
met  wonderful people whose names had been familiar to me from the
list, saw a few folks whom I had actually met over the years, and
loved the cars ... beautiful ... from those that still had old paint
(well oxidized like mine), to the restorations with gorgeous paint and
clean engines, to the modifieds with modern engines, all of the cars
were wonderful.

On the way home after the dinner I fell in behind the stunning red
pre-Roadster Datsun (Lopez?) on South 101 for awhile (I was driving a
green '69 MGB).  No traffic, setting sun, the Pacific Ocean spitting
distance away, running with a classic Datsun ... it was a great way to
end the show.

Names from the list that I don't see now include the Baumans and
Datsun Mike, as well as the others already mentioned.

Steve Landuyt
San Diego
'69 2000