[Roadsters] My first 2 hour roadster drive (Midwest)

To: datsun-roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] My first 2 hour roadster drive (Midwest)
From: Dave Cooke <cookefam314@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 19:40:27 -0500
Well, we don't get many sunny days like to this in Chicago, so I took the
roadster out for the first extended trip. Up until now, I've just been
testing her out on local roads around town. Granted it was only 2 hours long
and about 80 miles in all, but it was a blast dodging pot holes and trying
her out at various speeds. The speedo seems to be at least 5mph slower than
my GPS speed reading. I soon realized I'm gonna need new shocks & since my
last long roadster trip was Interstate-5 in California 25 years ago, my
lower back reminded me of my age. But, I still had a big grin on my face the
whole time. The roadster did great at all speeds and handles surprisingly
well for a 42 year old car.

definitely enjoying the ride after a 19 year break...

Dave Cooke
Lake in the Hills, IL
68 & 69 1600's