Re: [Roadsters] pressure switch (was: Kluge brakelight switch)

To: E Scanlon <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] pressure switch (was: Kluge brakelight switch)
From: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 23:54:12 -0700 (PDT)
It was suggested:
> But going back to the original question, has anyone checked into
> using an oil pressure switch and adapted it to the brake line system?

I wouldn't recommend it.
The oiling system runs at 60-80 PSI, maybe 100 tops.
The brake system is an order of magnitude greater. Times two.
Brake pressure gauges run in the 2000 to 3000 PSI range.
I suspect you'd blow an oil sender apart on the first firm stop.

-- John
     John F Sandhoff sandhoff@csus.edu  Sacramento, CA

p.s This subject line is driving me to distraction. It's "kludge" :-)