Re: [Roadsters] Kluge brakelight switch

To: "'Datsun Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Kluge brakelight switch
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 20:36:54 -0700
> Well, as long as we're throwing ideas about switches out on the table, how
> about driving lights on the rear bumper? With a switch of course!
> The stock backup lights constantly remind me how much more useful they
> would
> be with brighter bulbs.
> Mike H.

A friend of mine in Iowa did that some years ago, he got a fix-it ticket but
only because the car DID have reverse lamps incorporated into the tail
lights. The officer felt that the driving lamps were to blind people behind
the car.

Don't know if he'd question our reverse lamps, although I did mount a second
one on mine for exactly the same reason... LIGHT.... especially through the
rear window in the top.

But going back to the original question, has anyone checked into using an
oil pressure switch and adapted it to the brake line system?  A friend has a
fuel pump cut off built around a low oil pressure switch; when the pressure
drops, the fuel pump shuts off because the current has been switched off.
That's essentially what the brake light switch is doing, except it senses
when the pressure rises.

Just a thought,