Re: [Roadsters] New Transmission in, now a few questions

To: Roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] New Transmission in, now a few questions
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 9:55:55 -0700
Reply to the list please. My speedo is also fast so I have the same wonder
about my odometer.

Thanks

Tim

---- Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com> wrote:

=============
I finally got around to getting a working transmission into my
roadster. Now I have a few questions.

I have a 4 speed tranny for a early 1600. Now that the transmission
works, my speedo is working again. However it seems to be going very
fast. If I am traveling at 40 mph, it will say 60 or so. Is this a
matter of calibrating the speedo?

In that same regard, my trip meter is working again. If the speedo is
not accurate, then would the trip meter/odometer also clock in more
milage than real milage?

Last question, since my gas gauge doesn't work, if things were running
smoothly (which they are) how many miles should I be able to go with
average city milage on a full tank before I should fill up again using
the trip meter?

Thanks again to the wonderful collective wisdom.

Hoon
You are subscribed as tputland@charter.net