Re: [Roadsters] Fuel and Temp Gauge Problems

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fuel and Temp Gauge Problems
From: "hallosb@juno.com" <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 19:33:26 GMT
 When the temp and fuel gauge both don't work, it may be the instrument
voltage regulator. A very common problem.Go to the PMWIKI section of the
311s.org site for more info.http://www.311s.org/Dan McHatton'66 1600
------------------------------------I have had the same problem since
restoring my 68.  Don't have the electrical smarts to figure this one out.
Now I will have to see how my guages react when roadster is running and off.
This whole conversation sounds a but familiar.  Temp guage would not work
either.  Seems to me that they  both tie into the back of the ammeter.  And is
there a resistor under the dash that is involved too?  Larry.