[Roadsters] Temp and fuel gauges don't work (was "Re: I Don't Know

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Temp and fuel gauges don't work (was "Re: I Don't Know
From: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 19:02:27 +0000 (UTC)
Long-time known issue discussed many times here and 311s.org:

<http://www.311s.org/pmwiki-311/pmwiki.php?n=TechSection.FuelTempRegulator>

Generally, when both the water temp and fuel gauges are not working, it's the
instrument voltage regulator, which is attached to the steering column. Looks
like this:

<http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/ppeters914/stuff/water%20fuel%20gauges%20voltage%20reg/Picture020Small.jpg>

<http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l221/ppeters914/stuff/water%20fuel%20gauges%20voltage%20reg/Picture023Small.jpg>

Last I checked, this item is NLA from Nissan.

Pete