[Roadsters] Future shock!

To: "datsun-roadsters @autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Future shock!
From: Roger Kersch <rogerkerschhd@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:41:51 -0600
I spent some time going down through several established vendors' Fairlady
offerings last night while my three dogs piled next to me before bedtime. Good
thing I was lieing down already! I've been basically inactive with this stuff
since the 80's, I still have the original issue of Rally's book from 1983 I
think.

I went out to the garage and gathered up all my now-high-dollar spares and
gave them their own bin with five shelves. I'll be packing them in boxes with
tissue paper and labeling with descriptions and the going rates!

Dawn's junk in gas tank: I say pull the gauge sending unit and blast it out
with a garden hose or pressure wand, drain, blow dry, inspect, drain plug back
in, 2 gallons gas, sender back in, unhook fuel filter up front, direct hose at
mothers favorite tupperware bowl and then take a blow gun, wrap a shop wiper
around it and carefully pressurize the tank some. Stop, look at gas in
tupperware, keep doing until clean. screw the access back on the tank hook up
filter, starter'up. Careful, dealing with gas, electricity, static electricity
and banging on steel and always keep extinguisher near. I have one in every
work area.

That is easy. If ya gotta pull the tank down, well, more on that later
(kreeming tanks, I done that a bunch on jap m/c gas tanks, brittle recycled
steel) Ya wanna avoid this if you can, it takes a long time on a hot day
(days) to do it right and is friggin gross, but u can get high on the fumes!

I heard grills are in short supply, i have a bunch a 'em but they are Gnarly
with a capital 'G' but not all bent to hell like yours might be, $100/each