[Roadsters] (no subject)

To: "datsun-roadsters @autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] (no subject)
From: Roger Kersch <rogerkerschhd@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:06:09 -0600
Carburetors: I am replacing the 66 carbs with 69's. I am loathe to remove the
nozzles and usually I wear chemical gloves and use brass and steel
'toothbrushes' and such with lacquer thinner in a metal animal feeding pan.
This I learned from a Volvo restoration friend in Maine years ago. I have a
Safety Kleen parts washer that turns the basket back and forth with compressed
air hook-up, which normally wwould have caustic unfriendly carb cleaner et c
in it. I put a couple gallons mineral spirits, old gas I pumped out of my cars
and a couple qts of Yamaha fuel system cleaner. This is great for all the
greasy hardware I've been pulling off of 4 salvage cars. I put the carbs in
there to loosen up the crud, now they are waiting for me out there for a
scrubbin'.

Should I just assemble this nicely with the new needles and gaskets and let'r
rip?
I read/hear about nozzle/needle alignment etc etc. I do spray lithium grease
all over the action parts/linkages and drip bicycle graphite down all 3 cables
etc etc
I got some parts from Datsun Don in Bristol TN which is quite near, so I will
get as much as practical from you Don.

Who has the plastic wire harness connectors we can use for our alt/volt reg
connections?

Phil Hall is going to machine from NASA shuttle spares a bracket to accept the
35 amp 510/521 alternator which will wire up exact if I had nice new connector
block. The 510/521's had a itty-bitty sub harness NLA. The NAPA Bosch-rebuilt
unit has no wires protruding ala roadster.  this unit was very reliable annd
still somewhat commonly available at this point in time. Good luck on that
Phil. Then we could make a few more for our best Fairlady buds around the
country!