Re: [Roadsters] clutch question

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] clutch question
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:09:32 -0600
Tim,

You should check to see if the clutch linkage is keeping the clutch from
fully engaging. With the clutch out there needs to be some play in the
clutch slave cylinder to clutch linkage. If there is no play it could be
holding the clutch almost engaged. As I recall there is an adjustment on
that linkage.

If the linkage on the clutch master cylinder does not have any play in
it, that can cause the return hole in the master cylinder to stay
covered up, causing the clutch system to stay under pressure. This
usually only happens in hot weather, or starts after the car has been
driven for some time.

 I suspect the clutch is already out. You can still drive it that way,
but I wouldn't. The clutch slipping generates a bunch of heat that can
crack the flywheel. Even though it seems to be working fine after you
get off the line, it is probably still slipping and should be taken care
of sooner rather than later.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Tim, On 12/18/2009 8:39 AM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001