Re: [Roadsters] Jets and Metering rods

To: "David Boerst" <dboerst@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Jets and Metering rods
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:08:31 -0600
David,

The terminology I am familiar with is "needles and nozzles".  I alphabetical
order, so as not to offend anyone, try:

Dann at Rallye
Dean at Datsunparts
Ross at Sports Imports

and probably others I cannot recall off the top.  (Sorry in advance.)

If you buy these parts, it is imperative that you get a visitation by
someone with a nozzle centering tool (small fitting).  If the nozzle is not
centered in the carrier, the needle/nozzle will quickly wear.

There are many things which can cause SUs to be troublesome.  Most
prominent, from my experience, is throttle shaft leakage.  If you  really
want carbs done right, send them to (again, in alphabetical order order):

Keith Olan
Z-Therapy

Neither is inexpensive, but both have the reputation of producing rebuilt
SUs which will be correct in all aspects.  If the carbs and ignition are
right, presuming the engine itself has no significant issues, the car will
be far more user-friendly than one which has not had such attention.  I have
no experience with Keith -- going by multiple accolades from others.  I do
have personal experience with Z-Therapy.

Gary