Re: [Roadsters] Engine Clip ??

To: "peter harrison" <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>, "datsun"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Engine Clip ??
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 14:26:58 -0600
Peter,

I presume this is a 1600.  1600s had two clips, secured by oil pan bolts,
which served as lower guides for rigid metal carburetor overflow lines.
These lines ensured that any overflow was directed away from hot engine
components.  I have never seen a car with these lines installed -- the cars
I have seen have had the metal lines replaced with rubber fuel hose or Tygon
tubing.  As long as you direct the overflows away from the motor, you're
fine.  I run my (fuel line) overflows out into the fender well through the
little brace which supports the inner fender.

I don't think 2000s had rigid lines, rather they had a 90 degree elbow which
ended near the bottom of the float bowls, and flexible lines beyond that
point.

Gary