[Roadsters] Speedometer going wild

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Speedometer going wild
From: "Aaron Polivka" <aaron@polivka.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:50:16 -0500
I just took the roadster out of storage for "spring".  Unfortunately,
it's supposed to be below freezing tonight.

But, anyway, on my way home, I noticed that at about 60+ miles per hour
the speedo starting going wild. It was jumping back and forth wildly
plus or minus 20 mph or so.  It has previously been rock steady at every
speed.  When I slow down, it does settle out, and doesn't start jumping
again till I go rather fast. It's a 1600 with the (wildly optimistic)
140mph speedo.  Is this something I should worry about?  I've had
tea-baggers where there speedo is basically a moving idiot light that
bounces, but my Roadster historically has been spot on accurate and
steady. Should I disconnect it and squirt in some graphite or something?

Regards,

-aaron the lurker from Wisconsin
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html