Re: [Roadsters] Speedometer going wild

To: "Aaron Polivka" <aaron@polivka.org>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Speedometer going wild
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:01:16 -0500
Aaron,

Most likely, you probably have a bit of corrosion on the steel speedometer
cable inside its sheath.  You can try putting some cable lube (a
graphite-based material with a liquid carrier in a bottle), and put it down
one end of the cable.  But, for my part, I'd take the speedo cable out of
the car, put some liquid graphite lube down one end and work it back and
forth.  I don't recall whether the cable will come out of the sheath when it
is completely disconnected, but I think it does.  If so, you can clean up
any rust, lube it well, and be good to go.

Gary