Re: [Roadsters] Misc: Mirrors: rear view/door; Front Grill emblem

To: pat@hornesystemstx.com
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Misc: Mirrors: rear view/door; Front Grill emblem
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:31:43 -0500
If you guys can wait until the second week in May, I can maybe bring
my car down. Chance (17 year old grandson) and I took it to the KBGO
Cruise Night the 1st Saturday of the month.

Right now I'm in Meridian, MS, on my way to The Mitty. I'll probably
be spending a couple of nights with a high school frien in Auburn on
my way home next week. And no, I'm NOT driving the roadster. I'm in
the Accord with a whole lot of audio and camera gear and a few
clothes! :>)

Ron

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com> wrote:
> Rick,
>
> I don't recall what year you car is, but I believe the 3 holes above the
> center of the windshield are for visors. My 67.5 came with a center-mounted
> mirror attached to the top of the dash.
>
> Most of the original emblems were cast pot metal, with later units being
> plastic. I don't recall a grill emblem other than the "D" on 2L cars. The
> 1.6L cars came with a center emblem that was just a series of bars as I
> recall.
>
> The exterior mirrors on my daily driver are after market, and I don't like
> them, they look too modern. The mirrors on my parts car look like
originals,
> but they are pretty rough. I seem to recall that some folks were using MG
> mirrors on their cars, hope that doesn't make them leak oil, or their
> electrics not work!
>
> We need to get together and take a look at each other's cars. Are you up
for
> a trip to Lockhart? We are about 30 miles South of Austin. BBQ is big here,
> I'll treat you to dinner! My car is waiting for me to do an engine
overhaul,
> so it can't come to Austin.
>
> Anyone else in the area that wants to get together for dinner, stories and
> show and tell?
>
> Peace,
> Pat
>
> Thusly spake richard bush, On 4/27/2010 6:12 PM:
>>
>> Greetings again from Austin.
>> Couple of questions to the group:
>> Mirrors: is there a knock-off mirror that is available for the Roadster -
>> rearview and door? I have three holes that are centered above the
windshield
>> and run horizontal. I would also like something for the left hand door. Am
>> thinking of losing the mirror on the right side. I would prefer originals
>> however, I understand they are very expensive.
>> Front Grill Emblem: B I have a emblem on the car that says Datsun, similar
>> to what I have seen on most cars at the website. Mine is plastic. Is that
>> the case for all? As always, appreciate your input.
>> Best Rick R A Bush, P O Box 500003
>> Dubai, UAE; cell: ++971 50 456 4357
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html